I had lunch with a friend today who I just love. We have been friends for many years and she’s a girl who is low key and fun and “there” when you need her to be there. Like today.
Also … have thought a lot about something Katie, who celebrates her 9th wedding anniversary today [woo.hoo!!], was saying in regards to her anniversary … that if she knew what the next nine years were going to bring then, she might have stuck her head in the ground. And I so feel her on that. But it got me thinking about my own life and marriage and relationship with the Lord – and all of a sudden it made perfect sense as to why we have the gift of hindsight and not foresight.
As I said to her in an earlier email in regards to my life as a whole, with foresight I would have only seen the pain and brokenness, but with hindsight, I have only seen Him.
And with that realization comes a genuine comfort … and contentment. Pancakes and french fries all on the same plate.
P.S. ~ thought I'd share another winner from the everyday calendar: When we approach our work as if we love it -- we may discover that we really don't like it. Sad, but for a lot of people, true?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes, but Katie did not state it so beautifully as Heather. I LOVE this sentence you formed (which is why it is now my facebook quote.) HA!
I agree with Katie, you have SUCH a way with words. Have I told you how excited about what God's doing in your life and about the woman you're becoming? I'm SO proud of you.
:)
YOU never cease to amaze me! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you.....
Post a Comment