1. I have been feasting on apples this week from Signal Mountain’s Fairmount Orchard. They smell delicious, like fall. Love at first bite, my friends.
2. Just had lunch to celebrate September birthdays with my girls at Chick-fil-a. We love our chikin, almost as much as we love our Muddy’s. Almost. Side note: PB and I placed bets (which I think is rather funny since we have a joint checking account) to see if my parents were going to stop at the Cracker Barrel on their way to Tennessee last week … I called mom as they were driving and said, “Have you stopped at the Crack yet?” Her reply, “Just stopped at the Chick.” Bets lost, but I still love my life.
3. Looking forward to bunco tonight – my monthly 3 hour laugh fest.
4. Today is the first official day of autumn, but if you’re a regular on this blog that’s old news. I’ve been in full swing for three weeks now :)
5. Can’t wait to see my brother & sister-in-law this weekend for part deux of the Tour de SEC in Starkville … I’m hoping the cowbells won’t bring on another 12-day headache. Please ring responsibly.
6. Next week’s business trip will take me to Phoenix – two big perks: state #39 checked off my list…and in the restaurant category on my hotel webpage, Houston’s is located 0.1 miles away. It’s usually a McDonald’s located 0.1 miles away, so I’m counting this as a serious, and delish, upgrade.
7. Exactly 73 days until the St. Jude Half Marathon.
8. I’m dreaming of eating caramel apples. I used to dream of making them, but that was before I almost burnt down the kitchen of my college dorm room trying to be a caramel apple making Martha. Now I just dream of eating them.
9. So I’m on the treadmill the other night running and thinking to myself that I can’t make it another single mile. It was then that I notice a man with cerebral palsy (who uses a cane to walk) is coming toward the treadmill next to mine. He puts his cane down and gets down on all fours to climb onto the machine. He lifts himself up with his arms and puts the treadmill on the next to lowest setting … and proceeds to slowly walk with every bit of strength he has. Then and there I make a promise to God that I will never again utter a single negative word about how running distance kicks my tail and makes me tired and sore. That man – he’s my hero of the week.
10. Tomorrow is FRIDAY!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I heart Phoenix .. Parts of it stink (as in smell), but for the most part it is very beautiful!
#9 made me cry a bit and reminded me of why I love my job. :)
I saw a recipe for caramel apples in a mag last week...then recalled your story...and turned the page. RR has a recipe for caramel apple cupcakes that looks delish, though. :) Wish we could enjoy the pumpkin and apple rituals together!
J, if you wait until November ... we can :) :)
i made caramel apples last year for party favors for miles' football bday party- they were DELICIOUS--- most were caramel with chocolate drizzles and sprinkles- a few had vanilla almond bark!
Post a Comment