Monday, June 13, 2011

A Capital Affair

The wedding weekend began with a fiesta dinner
held on Thursday for family & friends
Holly, H, Rian, Lane & Erin

SK & Pamela

Marcus, Michael & Paul

...this picture is worth a thousand words {and a LOT of laughs}

Friday morn we headed to the spa!

...and I accomplished my 'task' of making the
rehearsal bouquet for the bride-to-be

...because I am 'a pretty big deal' at making rehearsal bouquets,
it was suggested that I open an Etsy shop to sell them ;)

following a fun time at the spa, we headed to the Mockingbird
for the bridesmaids luncheon ~

...there were a lot of laughs and a few tears, it was so special
and beautiful!

next stop: the rehearsal ... jackets required & bow ties, optional :)

All of the maids: Julianne, Holly, me, Allison & Pamela

the rehearsal dinner was held at the Governor's
Club ... delicious!

we had so much fun!

Marcus & Holly

I have heard many, many toasts over the years, but the one given
by the bride's brother & sister, a musical number, takes ALL
cakes ... it was the best ever

Erin, Dad, Mom & Holly

Paul and Congressman Mica

Everything that's right & good about the South is right here :)

too fun
Paul, Marcus, Chris & the groom-to-be!

in the wee hours, post rehearsal dinner,
MC opened her wedding gift from us

Wedding day! I played "Going to the Chapel" that morning and
then we headed to the spa ... bright eyed and fresh faced :)

do you see the Florida orange blossoms in
her hair? She was a stunning bride

Holly {seen in background} and I just gave the stylists pictures
of our hair from her wedding to re-create :)

...hummus wraps & rap for day-of-the-wedding lunch

Mary wore Holly's wedding dress ~ and
it was beautiful

...we took a similiar pic on my wedding day
as we rode to the church together...this time, she
wore the veil ~

the bride with my cousins, Becca & Liza ...
when I got married, Liza was my flower girl,
when Holly got married Liza & Becca were
her flower girls, and when MC got married,
they were her program attendants, so sweet!

Grandmommy, mom, MC, & me

Sally Kate was one cute little flower girl!

...right before we walked down the aisle!

the reception at Florida's Historic Old Capitol ~ gorgeous!

the bridal party

the bride's family

the bride & MOH's

the beautiful wedding cake ... mom brought
all of the citrus greenery for the cake from her yard

family & friends

with my M&D

John & Katie

Dad, Kathy & Mom

I am still on a high from getting to see Jill & Brandt {who flew all
the way from Illinois to be there for the wedding} ... love them!

the reception table arrangements ... the vases were
all from the bride's personal collection

my grandmother & her granddaughters

first dance, they were too cute for words

Grady, Sidney, Lane, Adam, Erin & PB

Mr. & Mrs.

with the fabulous Rian Meadows

Robyn & Heather ... I honestly cannot believe it has been 14
years since we first became friends, the summer before freshman
year at dance camp ... those were the days!

with MC's sorority sisters, all of whom I love so much!
Such fun girls ~

...we danced and danced and danced and danced!

...and raised the roof :)

...even baby Waggoner got in a little dancing
action!

...winding down the party

and SO sad when it was all over!

we stayed up half the night talking to Jill & Brandt and then sent
them on their way bright and early the next morning ~

post-wedding brunch was sweet, this is right before we all
burst into tears due to the end of an era ... we're all married now!

Aunt Kio, Liza, Mom, PB, Becca, me, G & Dad
~
To Mr. & Mrs. David Mica, Jr. ~ it was one of the best weekends
of my life! So fun to celebrate with you all, and we couldn't be
happier for anyone! Have fun in Italy and I can't wait for your
return ... and we can re-live it all again over the phone :)
We love you!! xo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy. Moly. How beautiful was that wedding?! Mary looked gorgeous, as did her MOH :) Love the plaid skirts, flowers, and all the pi's!!! So glad the wedding was a blast...wouldn't expect anything less!!!

Kimberly said...

How beautiful!!! I am so glad you shared. I can't get over all the details, like the vases from her collection on each table, the orange blossoms, the dress worn first by her big sister....oh, it is all so lovely. Thank you for sharing! You look gorgeous by the way!! And is it horrible that I am eager to watch as you all enter the next era, parenthood?

Lane Gunter said...

What a great recap! Love the "picture worth a thousand words"...love Paul's pic with the congressman "I got a picture and didn't have to make a $2000 political donation!" :) And I don't really remember you taking the pic of me raising the roof! OH and do you remember when you asked me to grab you a sandwich while I was in line for food?? I did and then I couldn't find you anywhere so I ate it!! LOL
The wedding was gorgeous AND fun and you captured the whole weekend so well!!
Let's start planning a Ruffles fall2011 trip asap!

mary caroline said...

can we do this all over again??!?!?! It was so fabulous and want to be surrounded by those flowers and everyone that was there forevahhhh!

Thank you for all the great pictures and memories!! xoxo